- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Breaking Out of the L&D Bubble
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2016 - March 18, 2016
Customer Success Manager
Many L&D professionals look inward toward their own field for professional development. While this approach certainly has its merits, it also has its downsides, such as: the likelihood of groupthink, reduced exposure to other disciplines, and minimized opportunities for thinking and acting differently. None of the downsides are sound ingredients for ensuring that you, as a professional, are as well-informed as you should be.
In this session, you will gain insights into looking outside of the L&D industry for inspiration; the latest thinking on a range of subjects, including content marketing, user experience design, mobile, social learning, and neuroscience; early exposure to trends; and differing perspectives. You will learn to look outward from your own industry and improve your professional practice as a result. This session will reassure you that breaking out of your bubble is the right thing to do.
In this session, you will learn:
- What the advantages are of breaking out of the L&D bubble
- Where to start looking for external opportunities
- How to maintain focus and momentum for a subject that may not be your day job
- Some of the key takeaways gained from professional experiences
Novice and intermediate designers, developers, project managers, managers, and directors.
discussed in this session:
MOOCs, and mobile (general).
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)