- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Extending LRSs and the xAPI for Event-driven Blended and Adaptive Learning
FocusOn Learning 2016 Conference & Expo - June 8, 2016
With the combination of highly engaging content and on-the-go availability through mobile, eLearning is now reaching wider audiences. This reflects the power of mobile learning, but its combination with the xAPI is still evolving and is in its infancy. At the same time, mobile learning capabilities like collaboration, messaging, and offline use have yet to be harnessed by many learning platforms. Moreover, the analytical data collected using the xAPI are also underutilized.
In this session, you will learn an approach for achieving better blended learning by utilizing the xAPI and analytical data from LRS. This session will provide a walk-through of mobile application architecture and workflow that enables seamless, activity-based learning using multiple content types like lessons, eBooks, quizzes, and games. You will gain insights into customizations done at LRS to implement an event-based “publish-subscribe” model, enabling mobile apps to navigate adaptive pathways and receive notifications for curriculum. Finally, you will experience a walk-through of a self-learning recommendation engine utilizing LRS data to enable collaboration and access to supplementary training material.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to use the xAPI for better blended learning experiences
- Mobile app architecture and implementation details
- How to push relevant learning activities to learner devices, i.e., implementation of adaptive learning
- How to extend LRS to share relevant and meaningful data with mobile applications
- How to associate supplementary training material with existing training and tracking usage statistics
Novice to advanced developers, project managers, directors, and senior leaders.
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- National Learning Specialist - Instructional Design
King of Prussia, PA
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK