- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
BYOL: Moving Front-line Management Development from the Classroom to the Field
FocusOn Learning 2016 Conference & Expo - June 8, 2016
VP of Solutions & Consulting
Organizations are investing more in developing front-line managers. Yet many are not satisfied with today’s solutions. They can provide high-quality learning content and deliver engaging classroom experiences, but they face a problem in helping learners transfer skills from the classroom and apply them in the field. How can we restructure front-line management development to reach beyond providing training and ensure that participants are actually proficient in the targeted skills?
In this session, you will learn of an approach for front-line managers based on leading participants through a journey that includes deliberate practice as a structured and tracked part of the program. Using technological support, a partnership is created between front-line managers and their direct managers to ensure both are accountable for the front-line manager’s progress. These journeys, while powerful, could be daunting without technology to make them simple to follow, track, and pursue. We will share the key ideas behind how we have structured the journey and leveraged mobile technologies to enable it to work in the field and on the go.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to make learning paths more powerful by incorporating a journey with deliberate practice
- How to improve learning paths by soliciting conclusions and lessons learned from participants incrementally
- How learners and their managers can form a partnership for improvement supported by a technology-enabled workflow
- How “mobile ready” technologies can support action learning activities done in the field
Novice designers, developers, project managers, directors, and senior leaders.
discussed in this session:
Totara learning management system and the Adapt content authoring framework.
Internet connection and web browser.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer-Sales Training
- E-Learning Development Manager
- HR Analyst
Riverside, California, USA
- Instructional Designer
- Instructional Designer (Operational Systems Directorate)
Richland, WA, USA