- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
The Keys to Crafting an SMS-based Campaign to Reinforce Training
FocusOn Learning 2016 Conference & Expo - June 8, 2016
CEO and Founder
The prerequisite to effective training retention is gaining the attention of students once they have left the training environment. This is not a trivial challenge! Employees ignore emails, never visit web portals, and forget about apps installed on their phones. How can you gain access to their attention to reinforce important training?
The use of text messaging is an effective strategy to not only gain student attention but also reinforce training content and follow up on key training objectives. In this session, you’ll learn the various attributes of writing a text message to yield the greatest user engagement after a training class. These attributes include message frequency, content personality, automation, personalization, and setting appropriate user expectations. You will also learn the dynamics of relying on employee mobile devices for a training-related use.
In this session, you will learn:
- How text messaging can facilitate the ongoing learning process
- To identify variables that impact the success of text message–based post-training, such as frequency, timeliness, and personalization
- Why text messaging is the best technology to get learners’ attention when they have returned to their own workspace
- How to set expectations for relying on employee mobile devices for training-related use
Novice to advanced designers, directors, and senior leaders.
discussed in this session:
SMS text messaging
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- National Learning Specialist - Instructional Design
King of Prussia, PA
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK