- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
The ACT Principle: The Key to Effective Performance Support
FocusOn Learning 2016 Conference & Expo - June 9, 2016
Implementing effective performance support is challenging. How do you deliver useful information at the time of need without being disruptive to the employee’s workflow? How do you integrate the content effectively within the context of the user’s task at hand? How do you leverage the available technology (devices, web access, security) to reach the target audience and provide a strong user experience?
In this session, you will learn the three major components of the “ACT Principle”: audience, context, and technology. You will learn how making these three facets a priority can lead to powerful performance support. You will examine how user-centered design can produce training deliverables that resonate with the users. You will explore the importance of context and how the learner’s environment and culture can greatly affect the user experience. Finally, you will identify the proponents of a good technology approach that can enhance performance support by taking advantage of the unique affordances of mobile and wearable devices.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to analyze and evaluate a target audience to build learning objectives and goals
- How the environment affects the performance support experience
- About a wide variety of mobile device capabilities that enhance performance support
- How wearables are making a big impact on performance support tasks
- What uses of enterprise augmented reality and virtual reality are on the horizon
Novice and intermediate designers, developers, and project managers.
discussed in this session:
Handheld mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablets; wearable devices, such as glasses, watches, sensors, and headsets; and the Daqri smart helmet.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer-Sales Training
- E-Learning Development Manager
- HR Analyst
Riverside, California, USA
- Instructional Designer
- Instructional Designer (Operational Systems Directorate)
Richland, WA, USA