- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Responsive Design: Rewriting the Rules of eLearning
FocusOn Learning 2016 Conference & Expo - June 8, 2016
Chris Van Wingerden
VP Learning Solutions
The explosion of mobile devices has revolutionized the web design world, which has shed approaches based on centuries-old printing methods to embrace a new grammar of design, responsive web design (RWD). But the world of learning has not caught up. Like learning any new language, working in RWD means learning to think differently. Thinking differently, though, gives you an opportunity to change how you design learning experiences for the better.
In this session, you will learn the differences between the grammar of “traditional” web design and the grammar of responsive design. Furthermore, you will learn how the grammar of RWD affects and alters the ways we can design and create web experiences. You will explore how to leverage the grammar of RWD to make better learning experiences. Finally, you will learn how RWD can support true single-sourcing of content to support learning—not only across multiple devices but across multiple learning needs, from formal learning to informal learning such as performance support, knowledge bases, and job aids.
In this session, you will learn:
- The differences between the grammar of “traditional” web design and the grammar of responsive design
- How the grammar of RWD affects and alters the ways we can design and create web experiences
- How to leverage the grammar of RWD to make better learning experiences
- How RWD can support true single-sourcing of content
Novice and intermediate designers, developers, and project managers.
discussed in this session:
Responsive web design.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager