- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
BYOL: Quick Mobile Testing Tools for LMS Admins and Non-techies
FocusOn Learning 2016 Conference & Expo - June 8, 2016
Talent Experience Evangelist
Ensuring that content from suppliers and developers will work on mobile in your environment is tough. Things get tougher with multi-platform desktop and mobile and bring-your-own-device environments. How can one readily test, verify, debug, or demonstrate mobile eLearning in an LMS?
In this session, you will discover how to do more testing and validation on the desktop. You will learn to use built-in capabilities of your preferred browser (and a second browser) along with simple plugins. Finally, you will leave the session with simple tricks and tools to share iPad or Android screens over WebEx or make video captures.
In this session, you will learn:
- To fake out your content and learning management systems to test mobile on your laptop or desktop
- About the benefits of a second browser and plugins for testing
- About built-in features of your own browser for more convenient testing
- How live screens can be shared and captured from mobile devices
Novice and intermediate designers and project managers.
in this session:
Responsive design tools in browsers, UserAgent plugins, QuickTime app on Mac OS X, Apple AirPlay, Android Screencasting, Microsoft Mirrorcast, and wireless display adapters for Microsoft and Android devices.
A laptop (Mac/Win/Chrome)—install Firefox or Chrome; optionally, get a trial copy of the Reflector application; and a mobile device (iPad/iPhone/Android)—bring your USB sync cord.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager