- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
New Approaches to Using Video in the Classroom
FocusOn Learning 2016 Conference & Expo - June 8, 2016
We all know that video is an incredibly effective learning method. Learners can remember up to six times more from trainings and classes that incorporate videos than they do from those that don’t. Many trainers, however, are not sure how to most effectively use videos; simply showing clips is not the best method. In fact, it’s a missed opportunity!
In this session, you will learn five major approaches to engaging learners with video. Most importantly, these are new approaches, as opposed to simply finding and using video clips in new ways. You will see how these are applicable to both corporate training workshops and academic classrooms. Finally you will learn real, easy-to-apply solutions that you can begin using right away. They are simple to learn, but make a big impact in your training.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to develop a plan to effectively incorporate videos into your training
- Best practices in using videos in trainings and the classroom
- About resources to continue learning about videos in training and development
- About a new paradigm of videos in training and development
Novice to advanced, designers, project managers, managers, and directors.
discussed in this session:
Mobile apps, MP4 videos, instructional design software (including Captivate and Camtasia), learning management software.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)