- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Interactive Videos, Video Analytics: Turning Learner Attention into Engagement
FocusOn Learning 2016 Conference & Expo - June 9, 2016
In the ever-shortening attention span, single-track video-based learning has started to fall behind, as traditional video-based learning tends to push learners into a passive role. On one side, new ways need to be identified to increase learner engagement; and on the other hand, making rightful use of existing video content is critical from a cost perspective. Moreover, abilities to measure learner engagement levels are very limited. Interaction turns attention into engagement, and interactive, personalized video is changing the learning landscape altogether.
In this session, you will learn how an interactive video learning experience gives the power of choice, fosters collaboration, and promotes increased knowledge retention. You will gain insights into how existing or new videos can be enriched with feedback personalization (such as Q&A, branching, quizzes, and surveys) and the factors to consider when onboarding an interactive video program. During the session, you will learn how analytics driven by interactions, captured using the xAPI, can help measure learner behavior and effectiveness of the program to further fine-tune the overall learning experience.
In this session, you will learn:
- How interactive, personalized videos can help in learning
- Techniques to make your videos interactive, demonstrated through use cases
- About factors to consider when choosing an interactive video learning platform, such as ability to play on iPhone along with all devices, including Android, desktops, and tablets
- Why video analytics is an important tool for your future learning programs
- How the xAPI and LRS will enable capturing a wide range of analytical data to gain insights into the effectiveness of the learning program
Novice to advanced developers, project managers, and directors.
discussed in this session:
The xAPI, LRS, iPhone, iOS, and Android.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK
- Learning Experience Manager, Technology & Operations
Foster City, CA
- Technical Training Specialist
Reading, PA (Can be any Company location in N. America)