- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
BYOL: Augmented Reality in Teaching and Training Practice Using ARIS
FocusOn Learning 2016 Conference & Expo - June 9, 2016
Augmented reality (AR) pervades everyday life as well as teaching and training practice. It is a powerful learning tool, allowing the learner to gain hands-on practice in a real-world context by imposing useful information over objects and situations. With growing popularity, AR gets better and more user-friendly tools. This allows educators to move the learning of practical skills outside the walls of the classroom.
In this hands-on session, you will explore a number of ideas and use cases for AR applications in your learning and training practice, such as manuals, guides, role-plays, interactive stories, scavenger hunts, and other activities. You will learn how to start, configure, and deploy an AR project using ARIS, an open-source, easy-to-use platform for creating and playing augmented reality experiences on iOS devices. You will explore features offered by ARIS such as QR codes, GPS locations, maps, and codes. This session will focus on the iOS; however, examples of AR solutions for other platforms will be mentioned as well.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to use AR in the classroom and training practice
- What ARIS is and what features it provides
- How to build learning activities with ARIS
- How to access the activities from the mobile app
- About the rationale for using AR applications in learning and training
- About available AR solutions for other mobile platforms
Novice designers and developers.
discussed in this session:
ARIS Editor and iOS devices.
Web browser and ARIS mobile app.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer-Sales Training
- E-Learning Development Manager
- HR Analyst
Riverside, California, USA
- Instructional Designer
- Instructional Designer (Operational Systems Directorate)
Richland, WA, USA