- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Getting Started with Mobile Implementation
FocusOn Learning 2016 Conference & Expo - June 9, 2016
Senior Training Specialist
St. John Ambulance
Classroom clickers, or student response systems, have become high-demand classroom tools in schools, universities, and training programs across the country. St. John Ambulance has several very traditional in-class public courses that needed more whole-class engagement through mobile technology. The company couldn’t afford $100,000 to equip 26 branches with hard-wired clickers but instead sought to boost knowledge of the material, student engagement, and instructor comfort with a bring-your-own-device (BYOD) solution.
In this case study session, you will learn how to select and implement mobile polling using a BYOD solution for public courses open to students from all walks of life. You’ll chart a path from concept to implementation, including finding a service, creating materials, training instructors, getting student buy-in, implementing in class, getting feedback, and reacting to feedback. Additionally, you will learn about the challenges St. John faced with a BYOD solution, such as training instructors and gaining their buy-in.
In this session, you will learn:
- About benefits and challenges of the BYOD solution
- How to integrate a polling app into the classroom
- How to implement BYOD in public courses
- About gaining instructor buy-in
- About training instructors
- About measuring the success of the BYOD solution
Novice and intermediate designers and project managers.
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager