- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Beyond Content: Using Mobile to Foster and Manage Informal Learning
FocusOn Learning 2016 Conference & Expo - June 9, 2016
Employees learn many of their job competencies from one another. But it’s hard for a manager to know what they’re learning, from whom, and how well they’ve learned it. These informal interactions are almost impossible to track, and it’s hard to keep bad habits from spreading. If managers had a way to track and guide this informal learning, it would become a powerful part of employee development.
In this session, you’ll learn how to use mobile devices and applications to shape peer-to-peer knowledge sharing into a structured development program. You’ll learn how to use mobile applications to assign individual learning paths for each employee, match them up with peers who help them learn, remind them of best practices, validate their new competencies, and track their accomplishments. You’ll learn how to set up a program, get it started, and incorporate it into your other training efforts. You’ll hear about two real-world examples: onboarding new employees and training a sales team.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to use mobile to manage peer-to-peer learning
- How to easily create individual informal learning paths for employees
- How to match peers who can share knowledge with one another
- How to validate what employees have learned in the field
- How to track employees’ accomplishments
- How to incorporate existing formal training into your program
Novice to advanced project managers and directors.
discussed in this session:
Smartphones, tablets, laptops, and applications including calendars, to-do lists, and Pract.us—a web application for informal learning management.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
San Luis Obispo, CA
- Training Specialist
San Luis Obispo, CA
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST