- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Flipping the Mobile Model: Beacons, Tablets, and xAPI Tracking
FocusOn Learning 2016 Conference & Expo - June 9, 2016
It has always been tricky to track experiences and results when learning happens outside the LMS. Using the xAPI, you can track a huge amount of activity with a robust and flexible specification. The next challenge is to identify learners and capture what they do in the real world in digital format, then put that data to use for learners, their leadership, and the learning and development organization.
In this session, you will learn how the Ann Arbor (Michigan) Hands-On Museum guides the informal exhibit-based learning experience for school field trips via tablet interactions. You will see how the typical model in the industry is being flipped by using beacons on students that are picked up by museum exhibits. Activities are based on the individual grade level and tied to the Next Generation Science Standards. From registration and beacon management to a custom content development tool, you will learn about the interactive design and instructional strategies used to transmit data to the LRS and to generate individual, classroom, and museum-level reporting.
In this session, you will learn:
- To apply similar use of technology across various use cases
- To identify situations in your environment where a similar model would work
- About the application of xAPI statement generation in a standards-based curriculum
- About reporting and data visualizations for individual, group, and organization-wide use
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, managers, and directors.
in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- SuccessFactors LMS Administrator.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Project Manager
- Instructional Designer/Developer
Remote (or Chapel Hill, NC)
- Senior Software Engineer - Node - eLearning company