- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Mirror and Model: Dual-purpose Video for Leadership Development
FocusOn Learning 2016 Conference & Expo - June 9, 2016
Lead Specialist, Instructional Design
Performance on leadership development competencies, like coaching, influencing, and speaking skills, has an ineffable quality difficult to capture in words. If you want to explain what’s great and what to work on while evaluating participants, you or they will miss something in the translation from behavior to observation to words on a page.
In this session, you’ll see how pictures can be worth a thousand words at 15 frames per second. Learn how Domino’s uses low-res mobile device video to capture behavior in simulations and actual performance situations, then distributes it as feedback to the participants and their supervisors and coaches. See how performances are incorporated into learning experiences as models. You’ll also learn how to use inexpensive, readily available devices to capture performance, and ways to integrate the results into software you are already using. Finally, you’ll get scoring templates you can use to assess soft skill performance.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to use video to assess and improve soft skills
- How to set up team members to successfully capture usable video
- Tips on efficient workflows for capturing and processing video
- Ways to incorporate video into learning experiences
- Effective ways to quantify and evaluate performance with checklists and notes
Novice and intermediate designers and developers.
discussed in this session:
Tablets (iPad and Windows 10), Swivl app, Camera 365 app, and Adobe Premiere.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager
- LMS Content Administration Specialist
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA