- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Scaffolded Design for Mobile Learning
FocusOn Learning 2016 Conference & Expo - June 9, 2016
Author and Founder
Sea Salt Learning
Mobile learning is one component in a whole learning ecosystem. Many organizations have discovered what does not work: simply pushing existing content out to mobile as though it were merely an infrastructure. To design and deliver effective mobile learning requires a new design mindset: a mindset for mobile. This will help the organization adapt its approach to truly unlock the power of mobile learning.
In this session, you will learn how mobile learning can be both engaging and effective, and how you need a holistic design approach to achieve that. You will explore how mobile fits into social lives and what you can learn from that about how to use it in formal learning. You will also learn about what doesn’t work. The session will use a learning methodology to work through two case studies, exploring how design decisions for mobile affect engagement and effectiveness.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to successfully implement mobile learning within your organization
- About the importance of a design methodology to achieve success
- To rehearse design approaches through two case studies
- How to integrate social and storytelling approaches around mobile
- To consider the use of game dynamics and game mechanics in the learning design
Intermediate and advanced designers and directors.
discussed in this session:
Knowledge technologies, sense-making technologies, storytelling technologies, and emerging wearable technologies.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK
- Learning Experience Manager, Technology & Operations
Foster City, CA
- Technical Training Specialist
Reading, PA (Can be any Company location in N. America)