- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Augmenting Your Reality: Using Interactive Video
FocusOn Learning 2016 Conference & Expo - June 9, 2016
Finding ways to make learning “stick” with technology is always a challenge. Augmented reality (AR) is one of those “make it stick” technologies. With AR, you enable students to interact with the world using their mobile devices. This can improve their understanding of lessons through direct interaction with the objects around them. Now add video to AR projects, and you’ve combined a popular medium of instruction with cutting-edge tech.
This session will define and compare augmented reality and virtual reality (VR). It will explore several existing AR solutions (apps) capable of using interactive video that are free to use. There are many apps available to use, but not all are easy to integrate with interactive video. The session will outline the types of video that work best when developing AR solutions, including capture/creation suggestions. You will also see several project ideas and plans (with examples you can take with you) that can help ensure a successful AR project with interactive video.
In this session, you will learn:
- Which AR apps work best for interactive video
- The difference between AR and VR and why it’s important to distinguish between the two
- How to save your video for the best interactive AR results
- From an interactive AR example using the Aurasma AR development tools and app
- To prepare multiple ideas to use for an AR interactive video project
Intermediate designers, developers, and project managers.
discussed in this session:
iDevices (iPhone, iPad) and Android mobile devices (Galaxy, tablets); augmented reality apps and their associated cloud-based development tools; and video conversion tools (cloud- and desktop-based).
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- National Learning Specialist - Instructional Design
King of Prussia, PA
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK