- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Mobile Mindset: Alternate Delivery Method or Fundamental Shift in Education?
FocusOn Learning 2016 Conference & Expo - June 10, 2016
President & Chief Learning Strategist
While technology has transformed people’s lives, L&D has primarily stayed the same. Sure, the industry has evolved by utilizing technology to access and track content, but it is still focused on the traditional course mentality. Should you be going down the same path with mobile learning? What are the opportunities for mobile to help promote a fundamental change in how and when you provide education?
This session will begin by exploring benefits of anywhere/anytime vs. just in time. Learn how the unique affordances of mobile tech enable you to provide powerful bite-sized contextual learning opportunities at the moment of need, increase knowledge retention, and supply performance support in new ways. You’ll see a wide variety of examples and discuss how these new approaches have provided unique business value to the organization, as well as created a fundamental shift for education and performance support solutions.
In this session, you will learn:
- About the affordances that mobile technologies bring to the L&D table
- How to use microlearning to increase retention and application of critical content
- How augmented reality can be used to increase awareness of campaigns, provide real-world context, and deliver just-in-time performance support
- Why organizations are rethinking how and when to provide training through mobile technologies
- How wearables fit into the mobile learning equation
Novice and intermediate designers, developers, project managers, and directors.
discussed in this session:
SMS/MMS in subscription models, augmented reality, various wearables, videos, and performance support in native and web apps.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library