- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Data-driven Meets Learning: Using Analytics to Measure ROI and Improve Design
FocusOn Learning 2016 Conference & Expo - June 9, 2016
Video is the go-to medium in society, and it can be a valuable tool for delivering performance support and training. Most companies are searching for metrics to evaluate the impact of learning content produced, including videos, and asking learning teams to demonstrate ROI: Does their content produce measurable benefits? Which design techniques result in the best content? Without being able to successfully leverage analytics, learning teams cannot answer.
In this session, you will explore a real example of how analytics information was leveraged to demonstrate the benefits of learning content (specifically, YouTube performance support videos) to an organization and drive informed decisions on content creation within the learning development team. Throughout this case study, you will also brainstorm and discuss the important starting questions of any analysis, how to move beyond reporting the stats from your content management system, and why comparing content at the same benchmarks to improve design is critical.
In this session, you will learn:
- Which types of metrics are available in YouTube Analytics
- Techniques to benchmark content analytics for comparisons
- Ways to leverage your platform’s analytics systems to determine your contents’ ROI
- How to leverage free commercial business intelligence tools to help with your analysis
- How to tie measured analytics to evaluating content success
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, and directors.
discussed in this session:
YouTube channels, YouTube Analytics, Google Analytics, Microsoft Excel, and business intelligence tools.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Enterprise LMS Administrator
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development