- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Lights, Camera … Wait, Who Has the Script?
FocusOn Learning 2016 Conference & Expo - June 10, 2016
Senior Project Leader
The Aerospace Corporation
There’s no question that video is trending upward and becoming more viable as a workplace learning and development (L&D) solution. Still, one significant barrier is focusing on the video itself—the videography and/or animation and editing that leads to the final product. Like all solutions from an L&D perspective, it still needs design. For video, that design document is a script, and it’s one of the most vital and most often ignored steps in the video production process. But how does someone with an L&D background learn to write better scripts?
In this session, you will learn the four key elements of a well-formatted script that will help you to better visualize the final video, while also exploring the specific characteristics of video and discussing why you need to take these into account when writing scripts. You will study several videos that offer insight into what engages viewers and why. You will also come to understand the elements of a well-written script and how to take optimal advantage of the video format. You will leave this session with simple, easy-to-implement tips and tricks to extend the useful lifetime of any video product.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to properly format a video script
- About characteristics of a well-written script
- How to write to take optimal advantage of the video format for mobile viewing
- How to increase engagement through conflict and contrast
- Ways to increase the lifetime of products by implementing a few simple tricks
Novice and intermediate designers and developers.
discussed in this session:
Smartphones, smartphone cameras (both photo and video), video cameras, and video editing software.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager