- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
The Secret to Better Performance? Less Training
FocusOn Learning 2016 Conference & Expo - June 8, 2016
Business leaders often request training when there are better options available. Even when they do need “courses,” it’s often only to check off a box. In these situations, you have a responsibility to validate that creating a course is the most effective and efficient approach. Even when courses are appropriate, they’re rarely enough on their own to drive the change organizations need.
In this session, you will learn how to shift from the traditional course delivery approach to a consultant’s mindset focusing on the performance needs of your organization. You’ll learn valuable strategies and effective questions you can ask to uncover the most efficient and effective solutions, whether they are courses, social and collaboration tools, performance support, or other lower-tech alternatives.
In this session, you will learn:
- About factors that impact performance, including which ones training can and can’t address
- About questions that you should ask and answer before beginning any learning program
- How to guide stakeholders to more efficient options
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, managers, and directors.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Digital Learning Specialist, Learning & Development, CS
Los Gatos, CA
- Instructional Designer / E-learning Developer
San Diego, CA
- Sales Engineer
Boston, MA pref; possible remote
- Instructional Designer (remote)
- Learning Designer