- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Go Viral! Activating Everyday Knowledge-sharing Behaviors—at Work
DevLearn 2016 Conference & Expo - November 18, 2016
Chief Learning Architect
People never want for information at home. When they have a problem, they search the Internet or post a question on social media. When they go to work, everything changes. Vital knowledge remains hidden in a variety of silos. Organizations are unable to leverage the same knowledge-sharing behaviors that drive resources like YouTube and Wikipedia. Employees are then left to fend for themselves—often with negative results.
This session will dig into the knowledge-sharing behaviors that have become so commonplace in daily life and share specific tactics to activate these behaviors in the workplace. The session will explore the role of technology and identify the capabilities needed to enable user contribution. Attendees will discuss proven methods for motivating employees to both share what they know and seek out the information they need to solve problems on their own. The group will also address common barriers to workplace knowledge sharing. The session will demonstrate how a well-crafted curation strategy can help your organization’s knowledge go viral.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to apply real-world knowledge-sharing behaviors in the workplace
- How to motivate knowledge sharing at scale within your organization
- How to select right-fit technology to maximize knowledge sharing
- How to overcome common organizational barriers to user-generated content
- How to leverage shared knowledge as the foundation of your organizational learning strategy
Novice and intermediate designers, developers, project managers, managers, and directors who have a basic understanding of knowledge management, user-generated content, and related tools.
discussed in this session:
Various knowledge management, sharing, and social tools.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer for Learning Platforms and Universal
Hamilton, NY, USA
- Distance Education Program Manager
Albany, New York, USA
- Learning Designers/Developers/Project Managers
- Sr. e-Learning Developer
- Technical Training and Development Specialist
Bedford, MA, USA