- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Designing Learner Personas: The New Needs Analysis
DevLearn 2016 Conference & Expo - November 18, 2016
Service Delivery Leader
Xerox Learning Services
Manager, Efficacy & Research
With the advent of so many new technologies, ensuring the learner has the best access to the right-size, right-format content, delivered at the right time, is challenging. Coupled with rapid development cycles, this means designers have less time to do thorough or extremely detailed needs analysis.
Take time and do your homework! What is motivating your learners? How do their goals and experiences alter your learning strategy? Why do you care about their feelings or emotions? In this session, you will explore strategies used in learning and marketing to identify techniques to tackle learner needs as you design learner personas. You will learn about a tool that can capture these personas, and finally, you will find out how to use user stories to showcase these learner profiles.
In this session, you will learn:
- New approaches to tackle learner needs
- How to capture personas within a new tool or framework
- How to craft user stories to showcase learner interaction with learning components and technologies
- How to assess ways in which learning can utilize techniques from the field of marketing
Novice to advanced designers, developers, and managers.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager
- LMS Content Administration Specialist
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA