- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Research Says: Current Research to Inform Practice
DevLearn 2016 Conference & Expo - November 17, 2016
Assistant Director for Learning Design, College of Earth and Mineral Sciences
Penn State University
During design and development, SMEs sometimes suggest ideas or practices that are antithetical to good instructional design. For example, a designer might have a stakeholder who believes it’s best to simply film a daylong stand-up training session and deliver it as one video. When this happens, it is helpful for the designer to be able to identify research findings to help the SME understand why learning should be designed differently.
This session will outline the most current research regarding assessment, usability, and multimedia in eLearning. Being able to cite research with SMEs and other stakeholders can assist the designer in creating quality instruction, as decisions are based on findings. Knowledge of current research is also one way for designers to remain current with regard to best practices in their professional field. Framed as a story, the session will use scenarios in which research is used to make design decisions, and attendees will receive a list of places to look for current research to inform eLearning practice.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to cite research in three areas: multimedia, visual design/usability, and assessment
- How to successfully use research to make data-driven decisions for design and development
- How to find sources of eLearning research
- How to conduct a research-based discussion with SMEs
Novice and intermediate designers, developers, and project managers.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager
- LMS Content Administration Specialist
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA