- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Calm the Mobile Turbulence: An Alaska Airlines Flight Attendant Case Study
DevLearn 2016 Conference & Expo - November 16, 2016
Training Compliance Manager
Instructional Systems Designer II
For a remote workforce such as flight attendants, who travel all over the country, eLearning is effective, necessary, and widely enjoyed. However, there are no computers on the airplane, which serves as their office. Due to the lifestyle of the work group, many do not have computers at home; this leads to a large percentage’s trying to complete non-mobile courses on their tablets or smartphones, causing a poor user experience.
In this session, you will learn how Alaska Airlines taught flight attendants about their devices on their devices, and you’ll learn about device operation, flight attendant apps, and compliance policies. Learn how Alaska leveraged a mobile ecosystem to push forth a test case for an all-mobile eLearning initiative, under a strict timeline and with much at stake, and the clever technology workarounds that were used to ensure a quality user experience in a short turnaround time.
In this session, you will learn:
- How Alaska Airlines was able to quickly deliver an effective mobile training course to a remote work group with limited resources
- Workarounds for mobile design, tracking, and deployment challenges
- About mobile learning strategies and solutions that can be reproduced and adapted to other organizations
- About user experience ideas that can engage a change-averse and tech-averse group of learners
- Practical, quick solutions for rapid mobile development and deployment
- How to promote change management with video content
Novice to advanced designers, developers, and project managers.
discussed in this session:
Lectora Inspire, HTML5, web clips, Videoshop, PowerPoint, iPhone 6+, iOS, and Verint Survey software.
Click here for the session trailer
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
70,105Join The eLearning Guild