- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Dairy Queen’s Strategy for Creating a Rapid Design and Development Framework
DevLearn 2016 Conference & Expo - November 16, 2016
Director, Global Curriculum/Training
American Dairy Queen
Lead eLearning Developer
American Dairy Queen
Dairy Queen, like many organizations, experiences challenges in knowledge retention following formal training. Dairy Queen needed a strategy that would equip learners with tools and resources to help boost learning retention of role-specific knowledge and skills throughout all learning stages. What Dairy Queen required was a rapid development process to create role-based learning tools to remedy these challenges and address real-time training needs of thousands of Dairy Queen franchisee employees.
In this case-study session, you will learn how Dairy Queen defined and implemented a strategy for scoping projects using rapid design and development techniques to create on-demand, role-based microlearning, simulations, and other video-based learning tools. Learn how this framework enabled business owners to articulate specific training needs within a limited scope and timeline. Additionally, you will learn about a mechanism for business owners to select from an assortment of pre-defined themes and design elements for the project. Within this framework, designers and developers are able to efficiently gather necessary project requirements, design elements, functional components, and content required to rapidly produce the final deliverable.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to create a framework that will meet strategic and budgetary objectives while building and expanding your training library
- How to adapt and fine-tune your instructional design process to support rapid development projects
- How to implement rapid development techniques to efficiently produce targeted learning deliverables
- How to increase learner confidence by delivering on-demand, role-based training throughout all learning stages
Novice designers, developers, project managers, managers, and directors.
discussed in this session:
Articulate Storyline 2, PowerPoint, and Camtasia.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Training Assistant (LMS)
New York, NY, USA
- E-learning Instructional Designer/LMS Specialist wanted
- Training Development Specialist
- Training Developer (Instructional Designer)
Los Angeles, CA/USA
- Distance Education Program Manager