- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Mobile App Facilitator Guide: A Case Study
DevLearn 2016 Conference & Expo - November 16, 2016
Sr. Instructional Designer
Many companies have legacy content that is text-heavy, hard to navigate, impossible to control once out “in the wild,” and ultimately not very effective. Connecting those static documents within a larger training pathway, and keeping that content up to date, can be very difficult. Additionally, getting information about who might be using that content, or how it is being used, is pretty much impossible. Sound familiar?
In this case-study session, you’ll learn how Intuitive Surgical recently overcame these challenges while providing a better learning and trainer-support experience. You’ll gain insights into how a small team created a useful mobile training app, with minimal vendor assistance or internal IT resources. The session will explore the steps in this project, the challenges and successes along the way, and what you might do differently. You’ll leave with a framework and guidance for implementing a similar solution on your own.
In this session, you will learn:
- A framework for moving away from static documents and into mobile apps
- About solution options for delivering content to mobile devices with offline access
- How to prepare for the challenges of selecting and pitching new technology to decision-makers in your organization
- About the pitfalls and triumphs of a real-world implementation
Intermediate and advanced designers, developers, project managers, managers, and directors.
discussed in this session:
Custom mobile app development, Adobe Experience Manager Mobile (formerly Digital Publishing Suite), Adobe Mobile Analytics, Inkling, Mag+ Designd, Localytics, Adobe InDesign, HTML5, and PDF.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Training Assistant (LMS)
New York, NY, USA
- E-learning Instructional Designer/LMS Specialist wanted
- Training Development Specialist
- Training Developer (Instructional Designer)
Los Angeles, CA/USA
- Distance Education Program Manager