- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
You Don’t Always Need an App for That
DevLearn 2016 Conference & Expo - November 17, 2016
Senior Learning Producer
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Mobile is the new way of learning. Learners want it, and companies want to provide it. But app development can be expensive, especially if you are starting from a mostly print or standard eLearning model. Finding a way to give learners and organizations the mobile learning they want without breaking the bank is a must in today’s training market, especially for companies with populations of mobile learners (e.g., sales).
In this session, you will learn how EPUBs and iBooks can be used as a low-cost solution for taking training content mobile. Explore how these digital books are able to support many of the same bells and whistles as traditional eLearning interactions, and examine how digital books leverage the same inputs as traditional apps (such as gestures) but cost a fraction as much to develop and maintain across multiple operation systems and devices.
In this session, you will learn:
- Which platforms and tools are available to use for digital publications
- About basic design and development strategies
- About the different audiences for each publishing platform and which platform best fits your audience
- About real-world strategies from companies that use digital book platforms as part of their mobile strategy
- The dos and don’ts of digital book publishing
Novice and intermediate designers.
discussed in this session:
Adobe Digital Publishing Suite and Apple iBooks.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer-Sales Training
- E-Learning Development Manager
- HR Analyst
Riverside, California, USA
- Instructional Designer
- Instructional Designer (Operational Systems Directorate)
Richland, WA, USA