- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
A Practical Guide to 70:20:10 with the Five Moments of Need
DevLearn 2016 Conference & Expo - November 17, 2016
Chief Learning Strategist
Are you meeting all Five Moments of Learning Need? You already teach the moments of “new” and “more.” But what are you doing to support the moment of “apply,” when your learners become performers and have to use the knowledge you taught them? What about the moment of “solve,” when things are broken and need to be fixed? Or the moment of “change,” when they have to unlearn old habits?
This session will provide an overview of the Five Moments of Learning Need and how they can extend learning beyond the classroom. The Five Moments concept applies a complete approach to designing learning by blending both formal and informal learning. You will learn a defined process that blends the benefits of deliberate instructional design with the means to influence the “70” and “20” in the 70:20:10 mix. You will learn how to decide what should be the “10” and what should be in the “70” and “20” by correctly identifying the subject matter that can safely be left to informal delivery methods.
In this session, you will learn:
- About the Five Moments of Learning Need concept and how it compares to ADDIE
- How to identify business performance challenges
- About the ideal blend of resources at the task level to ensure sustainment of performance at all Five Moments of Need
- How to accommodate for procedure-based, principle-based, and knowledge-based solutions, as appropriate, in your learning programs
Intermediate and advanced designers, developers, managers, and directors.
discussed in this session:
Electronic performance support systems.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager