- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Building Social Learning with Social Media at Work
DevLearn 2016 Conference & Expo - November 18, 2016
Instructional Designer/Performance Consultant
Ford Motor Co.
As communications and technologies continue to change, there is increased pressure on corporate workers to keep up with these changes, learn on the job, improve time to competency, and increase productivity. In addition, demographics are changing. Older workers are retiring, resulting in a loss of valuable internal corporate knowledge, while organizations must continually hire new, less experienced workers to replace them. There is a need to capture and share the knowledge that helps new workers improve performance and continue to learn over time. Using social media at work can be a compelling solution to this dilemma, offering informal learning solutions on a just-in-time basis.
In this session, you will discuss the components of successful social media use within a corporate environment. You will find out about skills that people in L&D need in order to benefit from social media and to implement it at work, including optimal characteristics, behaviors, and experiences. You will discover obstacles learners may encounter as well as the multiple benefits they can experience through participation. You will also explore different use cases that can help you build a stronger community of learners and enhance social learning at work.
In this session, you will learn:
- About the value of social media use for the learning professional as part of an enhanced toolkit
- How social media can help workers find expertise and solutions more rapidly, on a just-in-time basis, for increased performance
- About the optimal learner characteristics and skills for social media implementation
- About common barriers to successful social media implementation that you should expect
- About the specific
benefits of using social media in a corporate workplace
Novice, intermediate, and advanced designers, managers, directors, and senior leaders (VP, CLO, executive, etc.).
Technology discussed in this
Twitter and internal social tools such as Yammer.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Enterprise LMS Administrator
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development