- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Selecting a Learning Management System: The Great Eight
DevLearn 2016 Conference & Expo - November 17, 2016
Chief Technology Officer
Immersion Technology Services
Finding a learning management system (LMS) that best fits your company’s design, business goals, and budget can be a daunting task. While choosing the right LMS can help your organization define, deliver, and manage training to drive ongoing success, the countless options when it comes to product selection can make determining which LMS best fits your company’s needs overwhelmingly difficult. Before making a decision, it’s important to find out what exactly you should consider when evaluating your options.
In this session, you’ll learn about aspects to evaluate when selecting an LMS, including integration with existing IT infrastructure; ease of use and accessibility; scalability and adaptability; vendor support and service quality; tracking and reporting capabilities; and collaboration or social learning features. To make sure you’re considering all the important elements of this choice, you’ll find out how to have a meaningful discussion with your IT department, whose members should be key stakeholders in the selection process. You’ll also receive practical tools for helping you make your decision—a sample LMS request for proposals and checklist.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to identify the LMS features that your organization must have
- About resources and research that are available to help inform your decision
- How to talk to IT about integrating your LMS with the existing infrastructure
- How to demonstrate the value of your preferred solution to stakeholders
Novice and intermediate developers, project managers, managers, directors, and senior leaders (VP, CLO, executive, etc.).
discussed in this session:
Learning management systems.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager
- LMS Content Administration Specialist
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA