- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Transmissions from the Edge: Learning Through Story-based Podcasts
DevLearn 2016 Conference & Expo - November 16, 2016
Consultant, Learning and Performance
Creative Consultant, Digital Learning
Modern adult learners don’t always have time to learn in a classroom; they need engaging mobile learning solutions that can be accessed anywhere and at any time. Teaching through podcasting can allow organizations to package training in a manner that is appealing to learners and easy to consume. On-demand narrative audio can allow learners to gain important skills while on the go.
In this session, you will explore the science behind podcasting as a learning tool and the benefits of teaching adults through storytelling. Find out why narrative podcasts can provide a successful learning solution to a growing mobile audience. You will learn from a case study on narrative podcasting to train insurance professionals on complex policy language. You will gain tips and suggestions for creating your own podcasts, along with recommendations on equipment and programs (both paid and free) that you can use to begin podcasting.
In this session, you will learn:
- Why narrative podcasts are an effective learning tool
- About one organization’s successful implementation of a podcast to meet learning needs
- The skills and knowledge you need to construct your own podcast
- Expert tips and tricks to make podcast recording and editing easier and quicker
- About the science behind using audio as a teaching tool
Novice, intermediate, and advanced designers and developers.
discussed in this session:
Podcasting, audio recording devices and programs, audio recording and editing methods, and mobile content delivery.
Click here for the session trailer
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- SuccessFactors LMS Administrator.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Project Manager
- Instructional Designer/Developer
Remote (or Chapel Hill, NC)
- Senior Software Engineer - Node - eLearning company