- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Using Virtual Reality in Corporate Learning
DevLearn 2016 Conference & Expo - November 16, 2016
Head of Pure Research, NokiaEDU
Many have said that 2016 is the year of virtual reality (VR), as Facebook (Oculus Rift), Sony, Samsung, and HTC, to name a few, are launching consumer products. But how can it be used for learning, especially in a corporate environment? Is VR all hype, or are there sound pedagogical principles behind it?
In this session, you will gain a solid foundation in understanding the VR landscape: what it is, what equipment you need, where to find free learning resources, and how to develop your own content. You will also learn about the experience of developing and deploying VR within the Nokia Corporate University, where it has been promoted as the next generation of mobile learning.
In this session, you will learn:
- About using VR for learning
- About the best VR options for your environment
- How to access free VR content to get started
- About new insights into VR content development options
- About the experiences and lessons learned from using VR for learning at Nokia
Novice designers, developers, managers, directors, and senior leaders (VP, CLO, executive, etc.).
discussed in this session:
Oculus Rift headset (Dev Kit 2), Samsung Gear VR headset, Google Cardboard (V1 and V2), Samsung Gear 360 VR camera, Unity game software, Unreal game software, Google VR, and Nokia VR.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager