- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Using Video to Prevent Violence
DevLearn 2016 Conference & Expo - November 17, 2016
Senior eLearning Instructional Designer
NorthShore University HealthSystem
NorthShore is taking proactive measures to combat the rising number of violent trends in health care settings. The company developed online training that teaches employees how to 1) identify the beginning stages of workplace violence, 2) understand how best to respond and prevent it from escalating, and 3) know when to get help.
In this session, you will learn how NorthShore addressed an issue that is on everyone’s minds: preventing violence. The ideal venue for this type of training would be in-person training that provides education, practice, and coaching. But with over 10,000 employees, the organization needed to deploy training in a time-effective manner. You will learn how NorthShore came up with a compromise: blended learning that was deployed to the entire organization. Learn how the company introduced its workforce to de-escalation techniques, provided practice through video-based scenarios, and provided high-risk areas with additional opportunities for in-person training and practice.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to creatively approach a compromise between online learning and instructor-led training
- Why video-based scenarios can provide learners with memorable feedback
- About the importance of collaborating across teams to develop lifelike scenarios
- About some of the challenges and rewards that accompany “choose-your-own-adventure” training
Novice, intermediate, and advanced designers, developers, project managers, managers, and directors.
Technology discussed in this session:
Articulate, Captivate, Vimeo, and Premiere.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- National Learning Specialist - Instructional Design
King of Prussia, PA
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK