- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
How to Increase MOOC Completions with Open Badges
DevLearn 2016 Conference & Expo - November 17, 2016
Senior Program Manager, Innovation and Growth Initiatives
Much has been made about the astounding dropout rates for massive open online courses (MOOCs): typically 85 percent or more. While it may be misleading to apply the traditional metrics of higher education to MOOCs, there are ways to dramatically improve the numbers.
In this session, you will learn the challenges IBM faced with its online MOOCs and how its IBM Open Badge program solved the problem. Through this case study, learn how IBM wanted to increase new subscribers and increase course completions for its “big data” MOOCs. See how, after introducing Open Badges, every metric—from new attendees to course completions to the average number of courses taken—increased well beyond expectations. You will see exactly how IBM achieved impressive results, and you’ll leave with an action list to show you how to marry MOOCs to digital credentials and improve your numbers.
In this session, you will learn:
- How Open Badges can be used to attract new audiences
- How Open Badges increase course completions
- How to incorporate gamification elements
- How to improve uptake with simple email language
- How and what to measure
- How to sell the value to your stakeholders
Novice, intermediate, and advanced developers, project managers, managers, directors, and senior leaders (VP, CLO, executive, etc.).
discussed in this session:
MOOCs and digital Open Badge platforms.
Click here for the session trailer
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager