- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Surviving the Flash Zombie Apocalypse
DevLearn 2016 Conference & Expo - November 17, 2016
Content Team Manager
It has been said that Flash is dead, yet there exists an army of Flash content in the world of eLearning today. Seemingly alive and well, these Flash zombies must be eliminated in order to answer the increasing demand for mobile-compatible content. Is there a way to save any of the good work that was done—or is a double tap to the timeline the only way?
This session will explore the challenges a team encountered and the solutions they created when removing every single Flash element from a catalog of over 1,600 lessons. You will learn how the team handled a variety of cases from simple linear Flash animations to custom Flash playback engines that use XML to configure rich, interactive content, including the steps they took in reintroducing the converted content into existing lessons. Finally, learn about the team’s various skill sets and how each contributed to the conversion process.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to convert existing Flash content into HTML5 using Adobe Flash CC (or Adobe Animate)
- About factors that influence the blend of skill sets needed
- How to decompile SWF files you don’t have source files for
- Strategies for converting large numbers of files
Intermediate designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
San Luis Obispo, CA
- Training Specialist
San Luis Obispo, CA
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST