- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Secrets of Effective Serious Games and Gamification Approaches
DevLearn 2016 Conference & Expo - November 16, 2016
Many eLearning professionals are attempting to use gamification and serious games to spark employee engagement and drive learning retention; it seems everyone is working to make the best serious game that will enhance learning objectives and retention. The biggest setbacks for some have been little to no planning, tough-to-pinpoint metrics, little to no implementation strategy, and insufficient or nonexistent post-deployment support.
In this session, you will learn about planning, developing, implementing, and supporting serious games for companies that have never gone down the route of serious games and gamified learning experiences. You will learn what makes a serious game a success or a failure. This session will also address the proper steps to take throughout each phase of a project to ensure success, as well as the pain points you will have to deal with when going down the route of gamification and serious games. You will walk away with knowledge of best practices, what not to do, and how to support serious games at your organization.
In this session, you will learn:
- Why serious games work
- The best practices to ensure a successful serious game implementation
- The best practices learned from other organizations in different phases of this effort
- What not to do, and how to support serious games at your organization
- How to approach a serious game
Novice, intermediate, and advanced designers, developers, project managers, managers, and directors.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Training Assistant (LMS)
New York, NY, USA
- E-learning Instructional Designer/LMS Specialist wanted
- Training Development Specialist
- Training Developer (Instructional Designer)
Los Angeles, CA/USA
- Distance Education Program Manager