- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
The Neuroscience of Design for Virtual Learning
DevLearn 2016 Conference & Expo - November 18, 2016
Senior Vice President, Training & Awareness
Employees at a global technology giant were enrolling in a popular performance improvement workshop at a rapid clip. The learning activities and exercises were interactive, hands-on, and practical. But wait lists were long, mostly because capacity was limited by the delivery format: two days of face-to-face instructor-led training. The challenge: to scale enrollments while reducing costs, without sacrificing learner engagement. The solution: a brain-friendly virtual learning environment and experience.
In this session, you will hear the story of learning solutions architects and instructional designers who transposed this location-bound workshop to a live, virtual, web-based delivery platform. You will see how their redesign allowed for more course offerings, lower costs, and improvements to learner interaction and engagement. You will learn how they used the latest research from the neuroscience of learning design to accomplish four key design objectives: maximize learner attention and focus on activities and outcomes; induce learner-generated meaning, associations, and insights; stimulate emotional connections to the learning through positive social pressure; and encode new learning in long-term memory through spaced repetition.
In this session, you will learn:
- Four key principles of the neuroscience of learning
- How to maintain learner attention and focus in a virtual learning environment
- How to stimulate learner-generated meaning and insights
- How to design for emotional commitment to the learning through positive social pressure
- How to use spaced repetition effectively to encode learning to long-term memory
Novice, intermediate, and advanced designers, developers, project managers, managers, and directors.
discussed in this session:
WebEx, Adobe Connect, and Citrix.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Enterprise LMS Administrator
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development