- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
The Power of Sound: Simple Tips for Audio Editing
DevLearn 2016 Conference & Expo - November 18, 2016
Director of eLearning
Audio can be one of the most powerful tools in your toolbox when it comes to creating effective and impactful eLearning. Bad audio, however, can be one of the most destructive tools—distracting the learner and making your course feel unprofessional or unfinished. Don’t let your courses fall prey to bad audio. There are easy steps you can take to create high-quality audio without big-budget voice talent!
This session will explore some easy ways to create high-quality and professional-sounding audio files for your eLearning modules. You will go through the entire audio-recording journey, starting with some tips and best practices for choosing your microphone, setting up your “sound studio,” and recording your own audio. Next, you’ll learn about different software (free and paid) to help you edit that awesome audio you just recorded, and finally, you’ll bring it home by learning some quick and easy—but highly effective—audio editing techniques to clean up that audio and make it shine!
In this session, you will learn:
- Which type of microphone is most suited for your recording needs
- Tips and tricks for recording your own audio, including how to set up your own basic studio
- About different audio editing software available to developers
- How to quickly and effectively edit your audio files
Novice and intermediate designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
Adobe Audition, Audacity (and other free audio editing software), and studio microphones and accessories.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer and Teaching Consultant
Boston, MA 02129
- Instructional Design Specialist
- Learning & Performance Specialist/Instructional Designer
- Instructional Designer
Mendota Heights, MN
- Multimedia Learning Manager
St. Louis, MO