- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Augment Your Training Reality with Microlearning
DevLearn 2016 Conference & Expo - November 16, 2016
eLearning Developer and Technical Consultant
eLearning Developer and Instructional Designer
As a learning practitioner, you are tasked with providing distinctive immersive learning experiences for your learners when and where they need to learn. You may be asked to shorten the length of the online training offerings or to provide access to learning in spaces that are not traditional office settings. How can you leverage your infrastructure to accommodate employees who need performance support and quick learning experiences at the moment of need, in any location, and in real time?
In this session, you will experience how augmented reality combines brilliantly with microlearning and performance support by providing pathways to content, especially in situations and locations where content deployment and training was difficult in the past—such as on construction sites, in retail locations, and in new or unfamiliar work locations. Additionally, you’ll learn how this amalgamation addresses user expectations by creating a learning experience within the context of learners’ current physical space.
In this session, you will learn:
- How microlearning and performance support can be interchangeable
- About when microlearning is most and least applicable
- About key differences and considerations between microlearning and traditional courseware
- About augmented reality, including best cases for use, features, and limitations
- About the challenges and considerations of mobile deployment
- How to leverage user experience and expectations to create solutions that your audience seeks and wants to use
Novice, intermediate, and advanced designers, developers, project managers, managers, directors, and senior leaders (VP, CLO, executive, etc.).
discussed in this session:
Laptops, smartphones, and tablets.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- SuccessFactors LMS Administrator.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Project Manager
- Instructional Designer/Developer
Remote (or Chapel Hill, NC)
- Senior Software Engineer - Node - eLearning company