- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Copyright Trends and Finding Media Gems
DevLearn 2016 Conference & Expo - November 17, 2016
Copyright Educator and Author
Santa Fe Community College
Intellectual property law affects every stage of the development and delivery process. Unfortunately, it’s daunting—and, even worse, often deadly boring. As a result, your decision making about what media resources you can actually use might be rooted in ignorance, fear, or frustration, none of which contributes to your project goals. As a result, it’s not uncommon to struggle with how to use free media to enhance your projects while also avoiding accidentally infringing on someone else’s work or exposing yourself to unpleasant legal action.
In this session, you’ll learn about copyright essentials through a surprisingly entertaining and easy-to-understand snapshot of the law and recent cases. Learn how to protect your own work and apply legal concepts, such as the fair use doctrine, to everyday scenarios and become more confident in finding sites that offer public domain, Creative Commons, and open access licensed works. Building this stronger understanding of how you can and can’t legally use media in your work will help you become more productive and focused as you maximize your financial and creative resources.
In this session, you will learn:
- About copyright law and fair-use basics
- Which recent court cases are interesting, relevant, and important
- How to protect your work and avoid being sued
- How to find awesome online media you can use
- About Creative Commons licenses and which are most accommodating
- How to correctly attribute media you use
Novice and intermediate designers, developers, project managers, managers, and directors.
discussed in this session:
API for Creative Commons licenses and plugins for proper attribution of work.
Click here for the session trailer
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager
- LMS Content Administration Specialist
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA