- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
How Today’s Emerging Technologies Can Redefine Your Training
DevLearn 2016 Conference & Expo - November 17, 2016
How do you develop a generation of learners who may have spent more time with video games than in school? How do you leverage the explosion of screens and devices to change behavior among all learners? How do you use the recent growth in affordable virtual reality devices to bring immersion, engagement, and presence to new levels? This is the reality in which you design training. So how do you use these media experiences as inspiration for where L&D should go in the future?
In this session, you’ll learn how various media—like serious games, podcasts, simulations, short-form videos, 3-D immersive experiences, mobile, and virtual reality—are poised to forever change the way people learn and organizations teach. Packed with demos and case studies, the session will cover how leading Fortune 50 companies and government agencies are harnessing gamification, simulation, and digital video to build organizational capabilities. From sales skills taught in a spy-themed game with live-action video, to leadership skills taught with 3-D immersive simulations, to technical skills taught with virtual and augmented reality, these organizations will give you inspiration for how to use today’s multimedia breakthroughs to push what you can do for learning.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to incorporate gaming elements into your learning programs to make them engaging and inspiring
- How to develop compelling stories across screens, devices, and formats that inspire the audience to action
- What leading-edge virtual reality applications actually look like
- About trends that will impact learning over the next few years
Novice and intermediate managers, directors, and senior leaders (VP, CLO, executive, etc.).
discussed in this session:
Mobile and tethered virtual reality; Unity and web-developed games; and short-form online video.
Click here for the session trailer
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Training Assistant (LMS)
New York, NY, USA
- E-learning Instructional Designer/LMS Specialist wanted
- Training Development Specialist
- Training Developer (Instructional Designer)
Los Angeles, CA/USA
- Distance Education Program Manager