- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Using 360-degree Video in Training
DevLearn 2016 Conference & Expo - November 18, 2016
Traditional video has become an important and engaging component of training programs. That said, while it’s a fantastic tool for learning, it is still often limited to the linear path or story that it shares. People can watch video, but they can’t control it themselves. But what if L&D professionals created a more immersive world for learners by giving them the ability to explore anything and everything around them? That more interactive video experience is possible now with 360-degree video.
In this session, you’ll learn more about what 360-degree video is, how you can create it, and why you’ll want to use it for training. You’ll explore the technical side by looking at what it takes to capture and edit 360-degree video on a budget and how you can share what you create with your learners. You’ll also look at practical application through experiencing some of the real 360-degree videos that are being used for training and development right now. By the end of this session, you’ll not only know how to create your own 360-degree videos, you’ll also know how to explain the business case for using them.
In this session, you will learn:
- About the technology you can use to record and edit 360-degree video
- How to view and share 360-degree video with others
- How 360-degree video is currently being used in existing training
- About the strengths and weaknesses of 360-degree video for training development
Novice and intermediate designers, developers, managers, and directors.
discussed in this session:
360-degree video recording; Adobe After Effects and Adobe Premiere; 360, VR, and 3-D plugins for Adobe software; the Xiaomi Yi action camera; and 3-D printing.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager