- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
From Content Creation to Content Curation: An Emerging Critical Role
DevLearn 2016 Conference & Expo - November 16, 2016
Marc Rosenberg and Associates
The Internet is a terrific knowledge repository. The sheer size of the content stored on the web is unimaginable. Within organizational intranets, the amount of content that is available is also impressive, but is it good content? Is it the right content for the right purpose? Is it up to date? Is it understandable? The more you have to ask these questions about online content, the less efficient your search for the right information will be. Even more of a concern is that you might be more likely to find bad content, act on it (believing it is correct), and suffer the consequences.
This session will explore the rationale and challenges of content curation and review a number of strategies for assuring your content is curated appropriately. You will learn the importance of becoming a good content curator in addition to being a good content creator, and find out how curators are less focused on finding more content than on making sure they have the right content. Finally, you will learn more about the focuses of content curation: accuracy, relevance, usefulness, and value of knowledge assets.
In this session, you will learn:
- What content curation is, and why it is so critical to learning and performance
- About the role of technology, users, and authors in content curation
- How to avoid risking poor content curation
- About six approaches to content curation
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, managers, directors, and senior leaders (VP, CLO, executive, etc.).
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Desginer - II
Los Angeles, California
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager