- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Performance Is More than Support
DevLearn 2016 Conference & Expo - November 16, 2016
Director of Learning Solutions
Learner-driven, adaptive, engaging, future-proof, innovative, and business-aligned—you need to deliver all this and more! Constructing a strategy to match, though, is tough, pushing L&D to redefine its role in the business. However, by applying a performance lens to learning, you can engage everyone from the board to new starters, construct a holistic strategy, and put learning at the heart of the workflow.
During this session, you will explore “More Than Performance Support,” a five-point framework for creating a performance environment. This plan focuses on conditions (the culture, people, and environment), goal setting (how to share and evolve strategic goals), technology (the tools and how they are used), community (dialogue, collaboration, and visibility), and people (facilitating and accelerating performance). This framework can help you diagnose how performance-ready your organization is and what short- and long-term steps you need to take to get there. You will also receive a takeaway guide to help you apply this model in your work.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to apply the five-point framework to your context by exploring practical case studies
- How to diagnose your current learning environment, and where you need to focus to drive performance
- How learning needs align to real metrics that matter to the business
- About the skills that are required of today’s learning professionals
- Why communities are essential and how to build successful ones
Intermediate and advanced project managers, managers, directors, and senior leaders (VP, CLO, executive, etc.).
discussed in this session:
Learning portals, learner-generated content tools (including iMovie, learn.ist, Microsoft Snip, and Piktochart), iBeacons, mobile and wearables, virtual worlds, and VR.
Click here for the session trailer
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- National Learning Specialist - Instructional Design
King of Prussia, PA
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK