- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Twelve Months of MOOCs: The Scars, Medals, and War Stories
DevLearn 2016 Conference & Expo - November 16, 2016
Customer Success Manager
Massive open online courses (MOOCs) continue to be both big news and big business, but one aspect that is less often discussed is the behind-the-scenes perspective. Building a greater understanding of the design considerations, facilitation techniques, and data interpretation from MOOCs can give you valuable inspiration for designing and facilitating any people development activities—regardless of whether or not you’re building MOOCs.
This session will lift the lid on what happens before, during, and after a MOOC. You will take a backstage look at several live MOOCs, which will give you a clearer view into the choices MOOC designers make, as well as how to successfully facilitate a MOOC once it has started. You’ll also see how you can use xAPI data to influence future design and facilitation.
In this session, you will learn:
- How quickly a MOOC can be created using curated content
- How the placement of social features can significantly influence conversation
- About the effects of facilitation vs. non-facilitation
- The value of adopting a nudging approach to your facilitation
- How to apply subtle gamification techniques to increase engagement
Novice to intermediate designers, project managers, and managers who are already aware of what a massive open online course (MOOC) is.
discussed in this session:
Curatr, blogs, video, social media, the xAPI, email, and Learning Locker.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer and Teaching Consultant
Boston, MA 02129
- Instructional Design Specialist
- Learning & Performance Specialist/Instructional Designer
- Instructional Designer
Mendota Heights, MN
- Multimedia Learning Manager
St. Louis, MO