- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Be Your Own Voice-Over Talent
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2017 - March 24, 2017
Communication & Instructional Design Analyst
While human narration can add warmth and help connect the learner to your eLearning course, hiring a professional can be costly and time-consuming. Recording yourself can be a more budget-friendly option; but have you tried to record yourself only to find that you sound more robotic than the text-to-speech software? Great voice-over work takes strong delivery and assistance from recording software—and thankfully, it’s actually quite easy to learn the basics of both.
In this session, you’ll explore simple ways to improve your voice-over recordings. You’ll learn breathing techniques to make you a more effective speaker, scriptwriting tips to make a better product for reading, how to mark a script to help you read it more accurately in the recording session, and the secrets of delivering your text in a professional and impactful way. You’ll also discover the basics of the Audacity recording software, a free and powerful tool that’s perfect for low-cost recording.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to write a script that works for narration
- The confidence to be your own voice-over actor
- How to use effects in Audacity to improve your recordings
- How to deliver text to an audience in an impactful way
Novice to intermediate designers, developers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Sr. Learning Technology Liaison - Travelers Insurance
- TECHNOLOGY ENABLED LEARNING PROJECT SPECIALIST
- Learning Technology Support
- Instructional Designer/Learning Program Manager
- LMS Content Administration Specialist
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA