- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Augmented Reality: Taking a New Look at Old Technology
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2017 - March 22, 2017
Senior Manager; TD&L Innovation Center Lead
Moritz von Radowitz
Augmented reality has been around for decades, but it has recently resurfaced and become a hot topic. Every day you are bombarded with new solutions utilizing this idea. However, many of them just multiply the simplistic and common way of thinking. People used to associate AR with mobiles and glasses. Is this field really so limited? Let’s redefine augmented reality to find new ways of designing innovative and disruptive learning solutions.
During the session, you will learn to redefine and expand the meaning of augmented reality. You will see examples of solutions that are far beyond usage of mobile devices and AR-enabled glasses, such as a “day in the life of” (DILO) approach. You will break the connotation of AR with visual sense, which dramatically reduces creativity in this field, and learn how work and training augmentation can support your professional life.
In this session, you will learn:
- How augmented reality can support people development
- How to better classify augmented reality solutions (“on the fly,” “reflective,” “situational”)
- How to adapt AR solutions into the learning design process
- About curated materials for self-reading and reflections on AR
Novice and intermediate designers, developers, project managers, managers, and directors.
discussed in this session:
Various AR-related technologies.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Design Coordinator
Oak Brook, IL
- eLearning Developer
Albany, New York, USA
- Instructional Designer - Global Sales Development
Costa Mesa, CA or remote
- Instructional Designer / Digital Product Development
- Instructional Designer (Epic)