- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
What You Need to Know About Online Video
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2017 - March 24, 2017
VP, Product and Operations
You use online video, but do you know how it works and why videos uploaded to YouTube may behave differently than those uploaded directly into an LMS? Online video use is growing for training and learning, but many people don’t know what happens and what’s possible after a video is uploaded.
This session will walk you through the upload to playback and user reporting experience for online video. You will leave the session knowing why the playback experience is different depending on a user’s device and connection speed, how data about users is captured in relation to that video, and what you need to ask your technical teams so that you can optimize your learner’s experience.
In this session, you will learn:
- About the differences between major video sites and how they process video
- What encoding does
- What a CDN is
- How user data is captured with audio/video players
- Why there are differences in playback and security depending on where you host
Novice designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer-Sales Training
- E-Learning Development Manager
- HR Analyst
Riverside, California, USA
- Instructional Designer
- Instructional Designer (Operational Systems Directorate)
Richland, WA, USA