- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Product Directory
- Supplier Directory
Sticky Learning: Ensuring Transfer
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2017 - March 22, 2017
Senior eLearning Designer
Very often, training is created in isolation. Stakeholders may believe that “one and done” constitutes a solution; however, in reality, training needs to be reinforced and scaffolded. The eLearning you create is one piece of the puzzle, but it needs a bit more to really stick.
In this session, you will look at the ways you can design learning for stickiness, then involve managers in the application of the learning afterward. The session will use experiential, discovery learning, and problem-solving techniques to help you ponder where you are today and consider how you can bring stickiness into your own systems.
In this session, you will learn:
- What makes learning sticky
- How to recognize problems with existing learning
- How to gain stakeholder buy-in for a more comprehensive solution
- How to articulate the tenets of the forgetting curve and describe ways to reduce its impact
- How to describe what learning transfer is and develop methods to ensure it occurs with any developed learning
Novice to advanced designers, project managers, managers, and directors.
discussed in this session:
Learning management systems, microlearning, text reminders, and gamification.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join to download these files.
You do not have access to this video. Please log in or join to view this video.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Content Writer
- Learning & Performance Analyst
Oklahoma City, OK
- Learning Experience Manager, Technology & Operations
Foster City, CA
- Technical Training Specialist
Reading, PA (Can be any Company location in N. America)