- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
NPS Common Learning Portal: Successes and Challenges in Our First Year
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2017 - March 23, 2017
Distance Learning Program Manager
National Park Service
Last year, the US National Park Service (NPS) gave a presentation at Learning Solutions Conference regarding its newly designed Common Learning Portal (CLP), which provides integrated access to formal learning, informal learning, and social learning materials via an intuitive interface. The CLP has now been deployed.
This session presents an overview of the portal implementation and the successes and challenges with the CLP since it was deployed. Speakers will share details on adoption metrics and discuss plans moving forward to incorporate xAPI and other new functionality. The session will also provide background on how NPS drove adoption and education for the CLP and the important role that change management played as part of this effort. This detailed case study focuses on the design, build, operations, and enhancements of this cutting-edge learning system.
In this session, you will learn:
- About the entire “design, build, populate, maintain, enhance” effort for this cutting-edge tool
- The best practices and lessons learned regarding the design and deployment of the learning portal
- How NPS is using this technology to integrate formal, informal, and social learning materials
- How the CLP is leveraging social learning via communities of practice and “people search” functionality
Novice and intermediate designers, project managers, managers, directors, and senior leaders (VP, CLO, executive, etc.).
discussed in this session:
Open-source technology (WordPress) and cloud hosting. The CLP interfaces with a series of additional systems, including the NPS LMS and third-party sites and systems.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Training Assistant (LMS)
New York, NY, USA
- E-learning Instructional Designer/LMS Specialist wanted
- Training Development Specialist
- Training Developer (Instructional Designer)
Los Angeles, CA/USA
- Distance Education Program Manager